Teacher of Mathematics
The role will include:
• Teaching KS3 and KS4 Maths. The teaching of KS5 Maths would be desirable but not essential.
• Pastoral duties as a Form Tutor
• Planning and delivering well-structured Maths lessons, aligned with the curriculum, to ensure all students make at least good progress from their relative starting points
• Taking an active role in the Maths department and the wider school
Essential educational requirements
Degree in Maths or related subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Outstanding Classroom Practitioner
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Secondary teaching across the age, gender and ability range.
Knowledge of the Curriculum
Establishing high expectations of all students.
Teaching Mathematics to KS3, KS4
How to enhance students learning to make learning vivid, challenging, enjoyable and real
How to use ICT as a tool to enhance teaching and learning
Evidence of further personal and professional training development and how this has been applied.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in an extremely popular Academy on the border of South Birmingham where moral of staff has been described by Ofsted as ‘exceptionally high’
• NQT Training Induction Programme which has been awarded the NQT Quality Mark
• RQT (Recently Qualified Teacher) support and development programme
• Opportunities to work across our alliance of schools to develop subject knowledge and pedagogy
• Opportunities to participate in action research
• Opportunity to work in a supportive and talented team of Maths Teachers
• Regular training from all levels within the Academy and excellent opportunities for further progression
• Local Government pension scheme.
• Reduced rate gym memberships and reduced rate nursery places (subject to availability)
About Woodrush High School
- Shawhurst Lane, Wythall, Worcestershire, B47 5JW
- Woodrush High School website (opens in a new window)