- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Fixed term - January-August 2024
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS (Inner London) + £2,000 Harris Allowance
Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an inspiring and energetic teacher of Maths who is as passionate about developing their students as people as they are about their subject. As a teacher at Harris Westminster Sixth Form, you will join a dedicated and dynamic team of teachers and staff in supporting our fantastic students.
This post is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their teaching and learning skills, teach beyond the curriculum, make a difference to the lives of young people across London, and to embrace CPD that will help them prepare for their next steps. Please note that this is a fixed-term role (January to August 2024) for1.5 days a week.
Research shows that some applicants are put off if they don't meet all criteria, especially women and people from a BAME background. We encourage and welcome any applicant who meets the majority of our criteria to apply.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Successful experience teaching A Levels Maths at Sixth Form level (can be teaching practice).
- The ability to teach A Level Further Maths
- Understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- Understanding of how the most-able students learn.
- Understanding of the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- Understanding of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs and English as an additional language.
- Knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work.
- Understanding the importance of being a Tutor.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with teaching and other support staff.
- Good level of ICT skills
What the school offers its staff
Harris Westminster combines the energy of brilliant young people from across London's diverse neighbourhoods, the strength of Westminster School in teaching academically able students, and the Harris Federation's experience and expertise in running outstanding maintained sector schools. It is over-subscribed, academically selective, has 35% of students from a disadvantaged background, and has incredible diversity in its student cohort with no ethnic group exceeding 20%. 65% of HWSF students go on to study at Russell Group universities and we have one of the largest Oxbridge cohorts of any school (state or private). 38 students from the 2022 cohort gained places. We are looking for an outstanding individual to join and support this exciting, scholarly, and vibrant community.
also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
For an informal chat about the role, you are invited to phone the school and speak with Claire Scott, Head of School.
Further details about the role
You will implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, differentiated and inspiring curriculum for students and support the subject area as appropriate. You will monitor and support the overall progress and development of students and provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
As a teacher and Form Tutor you will contribute significantly to raising standards of student attainment and support the process of application to university. You will contribute significantly to the Cultural Perspectives programme and to the wider life of the school, including extra-curricular and enrichment activities.
You will report to the Head of Maths and Physics and liaise with other Maths and Physics teachers, Tutors, the Head of House, relevant teaching and non-teaching staff, including those with particular curriculum and pastoral responsibilities, parents and Governors and other stakeholders.
Commitment to safeguarding
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.