Teacher of Maths
3 days remaining to apply
12 June 2023 at 11:59pm
11 May 2023
- View all Mathematicsjobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- £30,000-£45,200 per annum
Teacher of Maths job summary
Looking for your first job or a new role?
Do you want a new, exciting challenge?
Teacher of Maths
An Exciting Opportunity to join Nova Hreod Academy - the most improved school in Swindon
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford
Salary: Highly competitive
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2023
We are looking for a teacher to join our dynamic Maths team. As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.
Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our core principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We are proud to have a knowledge rich curriculum, research informed teaching and amazing facilities. Teachers joining our team receive excellent CPD to develop their subject knowledge, their pedagogy and their classroom management. They have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources.
We guarantee structures which enable disruption free learning in every lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a culture which is calm and respectful. We have a dedicated team of non-teaching, pastoral and SEN staff working with SLT and teachers to support pupils.
Our house system, student leadership opportunities, Nova Charter and SuperNova extra-curricular programme ensure our students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
After a visit from Ofsted in November 2022, the academy received a second ‘Good’ judgement in a row.
We are looking for a Maths teacher who:
- is passionate about their subject and is a great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Nova Hreod Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a committed team of English teachers who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to find out more, please email Nick Wells (Headteacher) on firstname.lastname@example.org. He will arrange a visit or an informal call to talk about the role.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the School is unable to provide individual feedback on why an application is unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Nova Hreod Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 898 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Nova Hreod Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Abbey Park School
The Learning Campus, Swindon, SN25 2ND
Wood Green School
Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
Teacher of Mathematics (with possibility of Head of Year role)
John Mason School
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon and Wiltshire and Swindon