Teacher of Maths
Orchard Mead Academy, Leicester, Leicestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,372 to £40,490|
Full Time | Permanent | Start Date: As soon as possible | Salary: MPS/UPS
To further strengthen the Mathematics we offer to students at Key Stage 3 and 4 we are looking to appoint an additional teaching colleague who has the ability and desire to help young people achieve.
You will play an active role in the department supporting the continued development of the quality of teaching at Orchard Mead Academy. In return we can offer strong leadership and investment in your professional development that will build on your potential. Our culture is based on shared values and collaboration with committed professional and well-qualified colleagues, strong support from senior leaders and a superb working environment.
If you are a Maths specialist with the ability to inspire students, to work in an effective team and to strive for excellence in all that you do we are interested in hearing from you.
We aim to achieve a Mathematics department where;
• Maths is valued by students and families.
• Students are inspired to go on to study Maths at A level.
• The professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Appropriate degree
• Qualified Teacher Status (essential)
• Appropriate degree (essential)
• A further qualification, degree, diploma, certificate in relevant subject (desirable)
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Maths to Key Stage 3 and GCSE level.
• Ability to use ICT as a teaching medium to motivate young learners.
• Commitment to the promotion of teaching and learning Mathematics.
• Commitment to international links.
• Willingness to promote links with other schools, including feeder schools and post 16 institutions.
• Up-to-date subject and assessment knowledge.
• Experience of health and safety issues in the workplace relating to equipment, materials and working practices.
We can offer you;
• A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Career development and recruitment incentives with access and support to follow middle leadership programmes e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders.
• Access to CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
• Focussed support on your wellbeing. TMET has partnered with Amica to offer free counselling and support to our staff.
|School size||1165 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Orchard Mead Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Orchard Mead Academy
Keyham Lane West, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 1RT