Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS / UPS (fringe area)
TEACHER OF MATHS
ONSLOW ST AUDREY’S SCHOOL
Suitable for NQTs
Required from September 2021
Required for September 2021, an outstanding Teacher of Maths who is enthusiastic, talented and ambitious and is willing to contribute to and learn from the best practice in the faculty. The successful applicant will maintain the high professional and academic standards, remaining up to date in terms of subject knowledge and pedagogical techniques as well as ensuring that the faculty functions effectively as a team.
We would like you to have:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have a genuine passion for Maths and the teaching of Maths
• Display a high level of professionalism at all times
• Have a natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Be committed to the safeguarding of children
• Be committed to obtaining the highest standards of achievement, and have the belief that engaging learning, with high challenge and a focus on developing independence, is the most effective and enjoyable learning
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Exceptional CPD available through the Herts and Bucks Teaching School Alliance
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
752 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Onslow St Audreys School
Thank you for your interest in Onslow St Audrey’s School.
You would be joining OSA at an incredibly exciting time. We have recruited a fantastic group of teachers, leaders and support staff which has had a significant impact on the quality of provision, attitude to learning and attendance. This year’s results have been excellent and represent the third year of improvement in progress and achievement.
We have increased our numbers in the Sixth Form and the school is continuing to expand. This expansion has led to additional funding to build a new Science block, play areas and car park which will begin during the Autumn term 2020. We are also due to undertake a land sale which will provide us with a capital investment to build a new sports hall, 4G Astroturf pitch, social areas and some internal school projects.
Our last Ofsted inspection (May, 2019) recognised the positive changes that had taken place to date and this was reflected in the ‘Good’ judgements for Leadership, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Sixth Form. This was reinforced by the Challenge Partners review in November 2019 where we were rated as ‘effective’ in all areas.
I am incredibly proud to be the Headteacher at OSA and the key to our continued improvement is recruiting the very best staff. We have worked hard to improve staff well-being and reduce workload in order to give staff the opportunity to thrive and flourish in their work environment.
We are part of the Danes Educational Trust and we offer a wide range of CPD opportunities and an excellent NQT and RQT programme of support. You can visit our website at www.onslow.herts.sch.uk for further information about the school including the school prospectus. If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises five schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School and De Havilland Primary School. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all five schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.onslow.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Arranging a visit to Onslow St Audreys School
Please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or via email at email@example.com