Teacher of Maths
Weald School, The, Billingshurst, West Sussex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of maths to join the department, ideally from January 2020, on a full time or part time basis. April or September start dates are also possible. This position is suitable for those returning to teaching.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• A well-qualified teacher of maths who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
• The ability to teach A level would be an advantage
• A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
• The ability to motivate students, with an and innovative approach to classroom practice
• A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice
• Excellent organisational and IT skills
• A passion for excellence and for the subject
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE
We offer you:
• A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1713 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Weald School, The website (opens in a new window)|
About Weald School, The
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Our three year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
Station Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9RY