Teacher of Maths
Sandhurst School, Sandhurst, Berkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,859 to £40,520|
Sandhurst School is a caring, inclusive and well-ordered community. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity to succeed, with a strong emphasis on achievement, encouragement and development of skills and qualities to be active, accomplished, knowledgeable, caring and self-sufficient in tomorrow’s ever changing world.
Start Date from September 2019 or 1st July for a suitable NQT
Are you a committed mathematics teacher with high expectations, a passion for teaching and an ability to enthuse students?
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher of mathematics, who is passionate about teaching and love engaging with responsive, thoughtful and interested students. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and energetic team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
a friendly and supportive team of teachers
a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
There is an excellent NQT induction programme in place and we would welcome applications from NQTs.
Our staff are highly committed and we have a strong and positive school ethos.
Mathematics Early-Career Payments
Maths teachers who gained QTS in 2018-2019 onwards will be eligible of an early career payment of £7500 in their third year of teaching. Further information can be requested at interview.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged, please contact Claire Read, PA to Headteacher on 01344 775678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Applicants may be invited to interview before the closing date, therefore please take the opportunity to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the advert early should the right candidate apply.
In November 2017 Ofsted reported that:
“The Headteacher, leaders and governors are committed to improving pupils’ life chances”
“Pupils’ conduct is typically good and they treat one another with respect”
“Pupils feel safe and are kept safe”
“Pupils are well looked after and are provided with the opportunity to succeed”
“Strong relationships exist between staff and pupils”
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Have a proven track record of excellence in teaching
- Potential to qualify for reduced rent housing as part of Bracknell Forest recruitment plan
- Laptops are provided for all teaching staff
- CPD opportunities are available to all staff at all levels
- Dedicated PPA time is protected for individuals
- Free flu vaccinations are offered to all staff
- The staffroom is warm and welcoming to all staff
- The staff social committee organises events throughout the year
- Staff have access to counselling and mindfulness support
- There are regular informal sporting fixtures for staff of all abilities
- There is a running club for beginners to support physical and emotional wellbeing
- Free access to our fitness studio
- Birthday biscuits and cake!
- We have a weekly Heroes Award
- We try hard to ensure you don’t miss key family events such as weddings, graduations and school plays
- There is a nursery adjacent to the school with negotiable rates for staff
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1063 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Sandhurst School website (opens in a new window)|
Owlsmoor Road, Sandhurst, Berkshire, GU47 0SD