Teacher of Maths
Required for January 2020
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for January 2020 or sooner, we wish to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic teacher of Maths to join a supportive & dedicated team. Students are taught in ability groups (with excellent student/teacher ratios & TA Support) in specialist maths classrooms with interactive whiteboards, chromebooks and ipads for student use. In addition, a Curriculum Support Assistant works part-time within the department to support staff with administration tasks & the preparation of resources. At KS4 students follow the AQA GCSE Mathematics Course, at KS5 we offer A-Levels in Edexcel Mathematics and Further Maths.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs). Visits to the Academy are encouraged and if this post has attracted your interest, we welcome enquirers to telephone for an informal discussion in the first instance.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Wednesday 9th October 2019
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level.
Must hold QTS.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about Mathematics;
• Be an enthusiastic classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspects of Mathematics;
• Be able use a variety of innovative and creative ways to engage students within their lessons;
• Be able to work as part of a team;
• Have high expectations for themselves and students;
• Be keen to make a difference to the Mathematics education of OBA students.
• Ideally be able to teach KS5.
• An opportunity to join a well-established department at an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment;
• Ipads, laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
• Guidance, advice and support from both the department and senior leadership team who all want to make a positive difference to the Mathematics education of all OBA students.
About Ormiston Bushfield Academy
- Ortongate, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 5RQ
- Ormiston Bushfield Academy website (opens in a new window)