To start January 2023
Inner London Pay Scale MPS/UPS
E1 0LB, Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
The Governors seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Mathematics who has a proven track record of good or outstanding classroom practice. This post would suit both experienced and ECTs.
Mathematics is a popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A-Level. However, we are not complacent – working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
- The unique opportunity to develop gender-related teaching and learning in a federation of two schools
- An established and comprehensive Early Careers Teacher Programme (ECT) (years 2 – 4)
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management – excellent CPD opportunities including bespoke individual and team-based training programmes across all levels
- Outstanding support from faculty teams and a designated mentor
- Opportunities to be involved with action-based research on topics that match your pedagogical interests
- Supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A positive and stimulating school environment which values the contribution of all staff
OFSTED 2021 (Girls’ School):
“New leaders and governors are ambitious and have set high expectations for all. They set about making important changes and have brought about notable improvements”
“Pupils value their education”
“Positive about the changes and routines that new leaders introduced”
We are looking for professionals with:
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos and mission
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
- A track record of successful student outcomes across the Key Stages
- High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- Passion for providing an extensive amount of extra-curricular opportunities for our young people
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Maths Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.