Teacher of Maths
Ashfield School is rightly proud of its strong reputation for the high standards of teaching, behaviour and academic achievement. One of the largest school’s in England, our ethos is to support, inspire and challenge people to give of their best in our safe, happy and ambitious learning and working environment.
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Maths to join our highly successful Mathematics Department in September 2020.
An exciting opportunity exists to be part of this large, forward thinking and vibrant team. We are looking for a committed teacher who has the drive and determination to succeed, the ability to inspire young people and has a passion for teaching as well as Mathematics. There is a range of age and experience in the Ashfield Maths faculty and the position would be ideal for an experienced teacher or an NQT. The Maths Faculty at Ashfield is a very collaborative, successful and dynamic team to work within, always looking to improve and develop our strengths. We are very proud of the inquisitive learners we support, their growing resilience and their ability to look at a problem in more than one way.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Relevant teaching experience in secondary education, either through a training programme or current post.
Experience of using data to inform planning, target setting and to secure improvements.
Experience of successfully implementing successful teaching and learning strategies.
Excellent subject knowledge with a passion for the subject area.
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues.
Knowledge of effective assessment strategies.
Clear understanding of successful strategies for raising achievement.
Good knowledge of pedagogy, how students learn and teaching styles.
Understanding and commitment to social inclusion.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to work flexibly
• Career-Average pension scheme
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career
About Ashfield Comprehensive School
- Sutton Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG17 8HP
- Ashfield Comprehensive School website (opens in a new window)