Teacher of Maths
Bassingbourn Village College, Royston, Hertfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Bassingbourn Village College is an excellent school set in South Cambridgeshire. We are very proud of our school and the educational opportunities that it provides for our wonderful students. We have very high aspirations and ambitions. Our exam results are excellent placing Bassingbourn Village College consistently amongst the top performing state schools in Cambridgeshire and well above the national average. We are one of the founding members of Anglian Learning, a multi academy trust formed of four highly successful Cambridgeshire secondary schools.
The Governors of the College are looking to appoint an outstanding professional to the position of Maths teacher. This position would be perfect for either an NQT looking for an excellent team to work with as they start their career, or someone with a bit more experience who has a desire to embed their practice among a gifted group of practitioners. There is the possibility that a TLR could be attached to this position.
- a supportive, committed and motivated team full of specialist staff
- small class sizes
- additional non contact time
- IWB in each room
- a forward thinking team open to new initiatives and strategies
- well behaved and motivated students
- supportive parents and governors
- clear opportunities for both professional and career development
The successful candidate will:
- be a creative and dynamic teacher
- have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- possess resilience and a sense of humour
- have the capacity to reflect, modify and implement learning to challenge and support all students
- be committed to raising standards of achievement for all
Bassingbourn Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Flexible working requests will be considered. We reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date.
To apply, please complete an application form which is available on our website www.bassingbournvc.net/vacancies and forward with a letter to Mrs Smith by post or email to email@example.com outlining how you would successfully implement the requirements of the job description and how your previous experience has successfully prepared you for this post.
Closing date: noon on 2nd March 2020.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching experience during ITT placements &/as a fully qualified teacher
• Able to work collaboratively with others
• Able to form good relationships with students.
• Able to motivate students
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Excellent organisational and classroom management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Expertise in the teaching of the relevant subject including evidence of excellence in own work as a practitioner
• Good knowledge and understanding of current issues in learning and teaching
• A reflective practitioner
• Clear indication of leadership potential
• Able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for an extended period of time where necessary in English
As a member of the Anglian Learning Trust schools, we offer a range of employee benefits such as free gym membership, cycle to work scheme, reduced costs for Adult Learning courses etc.More on how to apply
|School size||641 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bassingbourn Village College website (opens in a new window)|
South End, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5NJ