Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPR / UPR
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Maths who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Will work collaboratively within the Maths team to contribute to the success of the department
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
• Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
• Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
• Great students who are proud to be part of the school
• A well-resourced curriculum area
• The opportunity to take an active role in innovative curriculum developments
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture, which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
Maths is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. In 2019, 86% of our 239 students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in Maths and 81% achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both Maths and English.
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Applying for the job
Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website http://www.rmays.org/joining-us/vacancies/ for an application form and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Robert May's School
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
Arranging a visit to Robert May's School
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer (email@example.com) for further information.