Teacher of Maths
This job expired on 17 April 2023
Start date details
As soon as possible
17 April 2023 at 9am
21 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time Teacher hours
- MPS/UPS (£28,000 - £43,685) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
What skills and experience we're looking for
The mathematics department is one the largest departments in the academy. The department is always self-reflective and has very high teaching and learning standards. We aim to keep improving our pedagogy by sharing good practice and joint planning. We work collaboratively with other schools in our trust to develop our curriculum and develop our staff pedagogy. Applications are invited from high quality, passionate and committed candidates to join an exciting and committed Mathematics Department at Merchants’ Academy.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students.
Candidates for this post should be:
- Inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
- Able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
- Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
- A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
- To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Merchants' Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1268 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Merchants' Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Merchants’ Academy has a distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well-developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students whatever stage they are at in their education and this is reflected through the Academy's values and commitment to: • provide high quality education and a thirst for life-long learning • enable everyone to enjoy success and achievement • promote confidence and a strong sense of personal worth • have high expectations which will be reflected in the targets set for staff and students alike • harness the energies of children, students, staff and parents to establish a genuine partnership with the Academy for the benefit of all • establish a business-like ethos by beliefs in values and attitudes such as hard work, honesty, integrity, respect and concern for others • provide quality opportunities for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our children and young people • ensure that the effectiveness of all Academy staff is maintained and developed through considerable investment in high quality, continuous professional learning This is demonstrated through constant reference to our BRISTOL Values of: Boldness: Aim high, show courage and hope to push against any barriers Respect: Be considerate and respect the rights of others Integrity: If it’s not right, do not do it. If it’s not true, don’t say it Service: We have a responsibility to the future and each other Tenacity: Tough times don’t last, strong people do Optimism: No pessimist discovered the secret of the starts or uncharted land Learning: A commitment to lifelong development unlocks your full potential
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol