- Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS
Teacher of Maths job summary
To start July/September 2022
Inner London Pay Scale MPS/UPS
E1 0LB, Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
The Governors seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Mathematics who has a proven track record of good or outstanding classroom practice. This post would suit both experienced and ECTs.
This is a school in an area of relatively high deprivation which transforms the life opportunities of children. If you came into teaching to transform lives, then this is an opportunity for you to do so.
We have state of the art buildings and facilities and dedicated professional staff - Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
Mathematics is a popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A-Level. However, we are not complacent – working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
• The unique opportunity to develop gender-related teaching and learning in a federation of two schools
• All new teachers will be supported through our Early Careers Programme
• An established and comprehensive Early Careers Teacher Programme (ECT) (years 2 – 4)
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management – excellent CPD opportunities including bespoke individual and team-based training programmes across all levels
• Support with post-graduate courses of study, including Masters Degrees
• Outstanding support from faculty teams and a designated mentor
• Opportunities to be involved with action-based research on topics that match your pedagogical interests
• Supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A positive and stimulating school environment which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
• The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos and mission
• Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
• A track record of successful student outcomes across the Key Stages
• High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
• Passion for providing an extensive amount of extra-curricular opportunities for our young people
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Maths Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
This job post has expired.