|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main Pay Scale|
Position: Teacher of Maths
Reporting To: Head of Maths
Location of Position: Ernulf Academy, Barford Road, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 2SH
Purpose of this role
The fundamental duty of the post holder is to make a special contribution to sustaining Ernulf Academy as a safe and supportive environment founded on high expectations, mutual respect and enjoyment of learning.
Teachers promote the intellectual, social, moral, spiritual, cultural and, as appropriate, physical development of the students. They seek to focus all students on learning and provide support to their classes and form groups.
S/he also represents the ethos, values and approach of the Academy to pupils, parents and staff.
Teaching and Learning
In accordance with Ernulf Academy policies and National Conditions of Service to:
• Teach, according to their educational needs, allocated classes;
• Set and mark work in accordance with schemes of learning or as required by examination regulations;
• Plan effectively and contribute to the preparation of schemes of learning and complete planning documentation as required;
• Make records of and reports on the academic, personal and social needs of students.
• Participate in arrangements for preparing students and assessing students for external and internal assessments, and supervision of internally assessed tests;
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students for whom the teacher has responsibility;
• Communicate and consult with parents and others who have legitimate interest in the students.
CPD and Curriculum Development
• Participate in arrangements for the appraisal of own performance and where appropriate, that of other teachers;
• Offer support to less experienced members of staff and, where necessary, advise colleagues on matters of good practice;
• Keep under review methods of teaching and programmes of work;
• Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development;
• Advise and collaborate with other staff on the preparation and development of courses of study; teaching materials; methods of teaching; assessment and pastoral arrangements;
• Participate in departmental/team self-evaluation.
Meetings, Duties & Non-Contact Arrangements
• Participate in the annual schedule of meetings and other meetings as appropriate;
• Carry out effectively allocated supervisory duties;
• Register students in allocated classes;
• Attend parents’ evening of year groups taught and other meetings for parents as appropriate;
• Supervise, and so far as practicable teach, any student whose teacher is not available to teach them (within the limits set in Pay and Conditions).
Health & Safety and Classroom Management
• Maintain good order and discipline among the students and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged on school activities elsewhere;
• Manage and support Teaching Assistants and Technicians providing support to allocated classes;
• Report any risks or potential hazards to the Premises Manager (usually in writing);
• Manage effectively the use of resources;
• Follow Child Protection and other agreed procedures, relating to the organisation of trips and visits.
Have full regard to all aspects of the Academy’s Health and Safety policy and secure appropriate practice in those areas for which responsibility is held;
Safeguard and promote the well-being of students and staff in all aspects of the performance of this role;
Follow Child Protection and other agreed procedures, e.g. relating to the organisation of trips and visits and the ordering of goods;
Undertake such other duties as the Principal and/or Head of Department may reasonably require.
The Astrea Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the Principal.
Free car parking
Applying for the job
Please complete the Astrea Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form and return to email@example.com or post to Ernulf Academy, Barford Road, St Neots, PE19 2SH
|School size||545 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Contact phone number||01480 374 748|
About Ernulf Academy
Ernulf Academy is built on a large site in St Neots with extensive facilities. St Neots is a market town with good facilities, within easy reach of Cambridge and with excellent transport links to London.
Arranging a visit to Ernulf Academy
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
01480 374 748
Barford Road, St. Neots, PE19 2SH
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed