Teacher of Maths
Full-Time and Part-Time will be considered, Permanent Contract
Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date – September 2023
Are you fanatical about Maths?
Can you pass this passion onto your students, engaging them in their learning to develop their maths skills?
Do you have excellent subject knowledge at Key Stages 3 and 4?
If so, why not apply to become a Teacher of Maths at The Wessex Learning Trust, based in one of our schools in the South Somerset region, or possibly across a few.
You will be able to demonstrate initiative in your role, as well as being flexible to meet changing needs of the pupils you support. You will be a positive role model and able to build effective relationships with both staff and pupils.
Across our Middle, Upper and Secondary schools, we are ideally placed to support and develop early career teachers (ECTs) but would equally welcome experienced colleagues looking to broaden their experience and contribute to ensuring excellent Maths outcomes across the Wessex Learning Trust. We would welcome applications from reflective practitioners with a sound knowledge and love of mathematics; individuals who will motivate, contextualise and inspire learning; individuals who can support and challenge students of all abilities in KS3 and KS4.
You will be joining a well-established and friendly team of specialist teachers of maths in our schools who work collaboratively to ensure quality first teaching is the priority for all pupils. Across all our schools, we work together, share staff – and share expertise.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- An outstanding Maths teacher (or an ECT aspiring to be outstanding)
- Able to consistently teach inspirational lessons and have good subject knowledge
- Organised and have excellent communication skills
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic – able to deliver results
What we can offer:
- As part of the Wessex Learning we are proud to offer full support of dedicated, committed staff in our schools and the wider Trust, including a Director of Maths
- Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme
- A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, CareFirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline,
or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family
- Exciting opportunities as part of a growing, forward-thinking multi-academy Trust
Closing Date: 8am 5th June 2023
Interview Date: 12th June 2023
To apply for this position, please complete a teaching staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Ms Jane Hawkins (Director of Maths) detailing your experience and impact to date and why you are the best candidate for the position. Completed applications should be returned by email to HR.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This job post has expired.