- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale
Required for September 2022, an enthusiastic and dedicated full time teacher of maths. Our team achieves excellent attainment and progress and a large proportion of students choose to continue the subject at A Level and beyond. The courses we are currently delivering include; GCSE Maths, GCSE Statistics (as an option), A Level Maths, A Level Further Maths and AS Core Maths. All staff have the opportunity to teach A Level once they have acquired the necessary expertise. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our excellent and successful Maths Team.
We welcome applications from both NQTs or more experienced teachers of maths.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 963 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 19
About Ferndown Upper School
Ferndown Upper School is a very special place to work because we have well behaved students, who allow their teachers to teach. We also focus on work life balance to ensure that staff spend their time on the activities that actually make a difference and we have a friendly and supportive staff body.
What Ferndown Can Offer You:
• Great students who behave – you can make a difference to their learning.
• The opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues.
• Tight, robust behaviour systems.
• Highly visible and supportive senior leaders (who have your back).
• Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase), helping to underpin our excellent behaviour, so you are free to teach.
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – you do not need to mark exercise books – we do not have onerous marking policies.
• No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
• Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
• Really well-kept site and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.
Arranging a visit to Ferndown Upper School
Please call 01202 871243 and request a school visit.