Inspire, transform, teach! We are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring Teacher of Maths.
At Harris Academy Chafford Hundred, you will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our excellent students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
We are happy to consider candidates looking for full or part-time contracts for this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice), ideally including experience in multi-ethnic urban schools and of working in an 11-18 school
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students, and of being a tutor
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff
- Have a good level of ICT skills, ideally including innovative use of interactive white boards
- Be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers and other external agencies where necessary
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies
We're not your average school – we provide our children with an education that combines academic success with good character building to give them the best chance to flourish when they leave us. We are a school for the future, and it all starts with our talented and dedicated team.
We are committed to being the best that we can be. 140 people come to work each day and deliver a wonderful experience for our students. We want to sustain a long-term career in education; we believe in working hard but taking care of one another, and having a flexible approach to work, all while enjoying the rewards of watching our students thrive.
Whether you're a teacher, leader, or support staff member, we're all one team with a shared purpose, and shared values. We're curious to improve; not because we're not good enough but because we know we can be even better. We want to give you opportunities to grow and succeed, so we offer development at all levels. Whether that be supporting you through your degree or helping you to secure your first leadership opportunity, we can make it happen.
We care deeply about creating an inclusive environment for our staff and students, and we encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, by reading ourEquality Statement.
We're proud to be part of the Harris Federation, the most successful large multi-academy trust in the country. And with our growing presence in the East Quadrant, where we are expanding in Thurrock and beyond, there's never been a better time to join us!
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.