Teacher of Maths
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2020
Heritage High School is a happy, safe and stimulating place to work and learn and it is our determination to continually improve that sets us apart from other schools. We believe that learning should be fun, challenging and stimulating and the quality of our people lies at the heart of achieving our goals.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Teacher of Maths to join Heritage High School. In this role you will demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and consistently deliver inspirational lessons to our students.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and hard working with a real passion for your subject. The ideal candidate will be committed to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £8.50.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
For more details and to apply for this role please visit https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teacher-of-maths-clowne-derbyshire-1240509
The closing date for applications is: Friday 27 September 2019
Interviews will be held on: Friday 4 October 2019
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject and evidence of continuing professional development.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues. Is able to teach National Curriculum Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 including the full GCSE specification.
About Heritage High School
Information about Heritage High School Heritage High School is a thriving 11-16 comprehensive school in the heart of our community. Staff at the school are committed to enabling students to push themselves towards their aspirations, and in return students are developing into increasingly mature learners and young adults. We are supported by a strong, effective and aspirational Governing Body. The key to successful education is to ensure that teaching is consistently high quality across all curriculum areas and that learning is focused and purposeful. To make this happen we are working hard to develop effective, enquiring learners who have real aspiration and take ownership of their own learning. We provide a core of traditional subjects from Y7 to Y11, and provide high quality guidance to all students on the next steps at post-16. Our facilities are of a high quality, boasting well equipped specialist areas housed in recently constructed buildings. Regular after school learning activities are offered together with wider enrichment opportunities, including residential visits abroad. We are committed to providing the very best for the young people in our care.
- Boughton Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4QG