Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
This job expired on 22 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
22 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
8 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Part timejobs - Full time would be considered for the right candidate.
- Maternity or parental leave cover - up to 12 months
- Mainscale/Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
- The ability to teach Mathematics to A-level would be an advantage
- Experience of a variety of assessment methods.
- Experience of tracking student progress and effective intervention with underperforming students.
- Experience in the use of information technology in learning
- Experience of the pastoral aspects of being a teacher
to motivate students.
- Ability to prioritise key tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyse information and identify key areas for action
- Accuracy and attention to detail in collecting information and producing reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of virtual learning environments.
Ability to work effectively with key stake-holders.
What the school offers its staff
We enjoy a fine reputation for the quality of our pastoral care and extra-curricular provision and are committed to the professional development of all our staff, as well as innovative teaching and learning strategies.
There is an excellent ECT induction programme in place and Early Career Teachers are welcome to apply in addition to experienced practitioners.
The school is a short walk from Upminster station where Overground and Underground services are available; these connect to central London (Fenchurch Street), Romford and all District Line destinations. The school is also a short drive from the M25, A12 and A13.
Further details about the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join the very successful Mathematics Department. The school has excellent facilities, is over-subscribed and is attended by highly motivated students, who achieve excellent results.
The Mathematics Department consists of 12 teachers. The successful candidate will be expected to teach key stages 3 and 4 using the White Rose scheme of learning.
The majority of students are taught in mixed ability classes, although there are small nurture groups in years 9 to 11. Students in key stage 4 study the AQA GCSE specification. The majority of our students are entered for the higher GCSE examination, with only a very small number taking the foundation qualification. Our results at GCSE are consistently strong and the number of students taking A level Mathematics with us has grown significantly in recent years. Further Mathematics is also taught within the department.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Coopers' Company and Coborn School
- School type
- Academy, Christian, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1510 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School is a dynamic, co-educational school. Inspired by our historic tradition of 'Love as Brethren', we strive to be outstanding in everything we do; producing young people who have the confidence, qualifications, experience and aspiration to be successful in the 21st Century world.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Maths / Further Maths
Dame Alice Owen's School
Dugdale Hill Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 2DU
The Rochester Grammar School
Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1 3BY
Moulsham High School
Brian Close, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 9ES
Mossbourne Community Academy
100 Downs Park Road, London, E5 8JY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock