Key responsibilities for the role include:
Our large and successful Mathematics Department has a real passion for our subject. Our main aim is to provide the best possible Mathematics education for all students, by providing quality where it counts: in the classroom. We recognise our obligation to make Mathematics relevant to the needs and interests of the students, and we constantly strive to provide an invigorating experience for all students, irrespective of differences in ability and cultural background. A successful candidate will need to share our love of teaching Mathematics to our bright and capable students
The successful candidate will:
- Be a successful Teacher of Mathematics across all levels, including KS5
- Inspire curiosity and passion for Mathematics, whilst delivering a knowledge rich curriculum
- Be driven and passionate about securing positive outcomes for students
- Experience of planning of lessons / schemes of work in line with the demands of an examination syllabus.
What we offer:
- Highly motivated students who take their learning seriously and treat each other, staff and visitors with respect and courtesy
- An excellent working environment that prioritises the wellbeing of its staff and students
- Enthusiastic and supportive staff committed to providing enriching learning experiences
- An excellent record of achievement and value-added progress
- Benefits that include a two week October half term holiday, eye care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free tea/coffee/milk in the staff room and staff events at the end of each term and an Employee Assistance Programme providing free, confidential advice on a variety of matters.
Key Application Dates:
- Shortlisting Date: 20th February 2024
- Interview Date: week commencing 26th February 2024
- Start Date: Sept 2024
The Girls’ Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
As well as verification of identity, we ask all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) guidance, we may also conduct an online search about any shortlisted candidates as part of our due diligence to identify any matters that might relate directly to our legal duty to meet safeguarding duties. accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a culturally diverse workforce, which reflects the nature of our communities.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Please see our Recruitment pack for more details about our school, the job description and person specification.
We are not able to offer sponsorship to non-settled individuals for a Skilled Worker Visa.
This job post has expired.