Teacher of Maths
We are looking to appoint to the following post from January 2020:
Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
We will consider part time applications.
For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.notredame-high.co.uk or telephone the school.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Monday 14th October 2019 at 12 noon.
Interview date: Thursday 24th October 2019
A well-qualified and innovative teacher of Maths is required to join a highly successful and forward thinking department. The candidate should be well motivated and willing to contribute to the development of the subject, the quality of teaching and the pastoral life within Notre High Dame School.
Maths is taught in specialist rooms in the Main School for Years 7-13. There are visualisers in all classrooms and some of our rooms also have Inter-active White Boards. We benefit from a teaching room with 20 dedicated computers as well as a laptop trolley which allows for more flexible use of technology within a range of lessons.
We are a very popular subject at A Level with 10 classes across Year 12 and 13. The ability to teach aspects of A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics is desirable, but not essential.
Appointment to this post would lead to the opportunity of working in an extremely successful, core department within a popular school.
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in mathematical subject.
QTS or equivalent (applicant may be working towards this).
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching, learning and assessment across KS3, KS4 (and KS5).
An awareness of current subject related developments and research.
A resilient disposition to cope with the demands of teaching new GCSE (and A-level specifications) and managing coursework deadlines.
At Notre Dame the ongoing professional development of all staff is a key priority. Our view is that we can always improve, not because we are not good enough but because we can be even better at what we do and that this in turn will ensure the very best outcomes for our students. We also aim to help staff to be ready for their ‘next step’ in their careers whatever that might be.
In order to achieve these aims we;
• have an ethos of ‘learning together’ through joint practice development which is conducted in a supportive and developmental way. Staff are encouraged to take risks and use research and evidence based approaches to improve their classroom practice.
• Encourage staff to be reflective and take the lead in their own professional development so that their individual needs are met
• Assign Learning improvement coaches to all departments to provide bespoke training and development
• Have a three year NQT and RQT programme to fully support those new to the profession. This involves meeting together in groups to share and develop best practice and working with a coach on an individual basis
• Provide trainee mentoring programmes for those moving in to new positions for example middle and senior leadership
About Notre Dame High School
- Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 3BT
- Notre Dame High School website (opens in a new window)