Teacher of Maths
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Maths specialist looking to begin their teaching career or an experienced colleague looking for their next career move in a high-performing and oversubscribed school. We are seeking to appoint an inspiring colleague who can contribute to the development of the department and extend the teaching of Maths further at Saint Gregory’s.
Saint Gregory’s Catholic College is a popular 11-18 co-educational school, founded on Catholic Christian values and with a strong family and community ethos. These values are the foundation of learning for our students, providing them with an academic start to life that is supportive, nurturing and inspiring. Saint Gregory’s has a well-deserved reputation for academic excellence, outstanding pastoral care and an excellent enrichment programme.
Our most recent Ofsted and Diocesan inspections judged us to be outstanding in every area and we are committed to maintaining and developing that high standard.
The Governing Body is looking for an exceptional Teacher of Maths to join our team in September. The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher who will maintain and enhance our very high academic standards. The faculty benefits from experienced, supportive leadership and applications are welcomed from NQTs seeking an outstanding school in which to begin their career.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• A track record of exceptional Maths teaching
• Capable of teaching across the Key Stages
• Outstanding subject knowledge
• The ability to inspire excellence in students
• Enthusiasm and motivation for exemplary teaching and learning
In return the successful candidate can expect:
• A comprehensive Induction Programme
• Outstanding professional support at every stage of your career
• A strong Continuing Professional Development programme to develop you as an outstanding teacher
• A supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Opportunities to work in a dynamic and supportive faculty with excellent facilities
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Free on-site parking
• A positive student body who love learning.
For an open conversation about the role and / or to arrange a visit prior to application, please contact the Acting Head of Maths, Miss Davies, on 01225 832873 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Details of our CP Policy can be found on our website at
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Qualified teacher status (QTS) or pending
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of relevant and recent CPD
Effective Assessment for Learning
Range of teaching and learning styles
Specialist knowledge of the National Curriculum up to and including A Level
Clear understanding of, and ability to implement, personalisation
Experience of teaching Key Stage 5 Maths
The ability to analyse data, identify patterns and devise meaningful targets
The ability to promote the school’s aims positively
The ability to establish and develop positive relationships with students,
Parents/Carers, colleagues, governors and the community
Excellent IT skills
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organisation skills
Excellent classroom management
About Saint Gregory's Catholic College
- Combe Hay Lane, Bath, Somerset, BA2 8PA
- LA Maintained School
- Saint Gregory's Catholic College website (opens in a new window)