- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
1.0 FTE Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- United Learning Pay Scale (higher than equivalent scale in the maintained sector)
For April or September 2022, we are looking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Maths Teacher. You will teach across the ability range at KS3 and KS4.
Our staff are committed to honing their skills through coaching, Teaching and Learning communities and using evidence-based approaches to create expert lessons. We believe that ‘Knowledge is Power’. We are currently using the Rosenshine principles and Teach Like A Champion to underpin our professional development and teaching through explicit/direct instruction.
The successful candidate can be sure of working with a team of extremely dedicated staff in a very motivating, forward-thinking environment. The school is committed to providing exceptional CPD at all levels including programmes for ECTs, recently qualified teachers and middle leaders.
The successful candidates must...
• Passionately believe that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve
• Have the highest expectations and standards
• Enthuse students with a passion for their subject and inspire them to achieve the best they can
• Be flexible and resilient with an unrelenting ‘can do’ attitude
• Be able to support and challenge whilst maintaining great relationships with both staff and students
• Be committed to personal and professional development
We will offer you...
• An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
• The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
• A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider opportunities within United Learning
• Excellent links with colleagues in local schools, the Local Authority and external agencies
• Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
• Collaborative planning with centralized, shared units of work and resources
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
• A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of community
• Staff wellbeing supported with an Employee Assistance Programme available to all staff and Mental Health First Aid trained on site staff
• The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox and other rewards visit United Learning Careers > Why United Learning?
How to apply:
Please go to http://www.seahavenacademy.org.uk/Staff/Vacancies and view our Job Pack for further information. PLEASE NOTE CV’s ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS THE ONLY MEANS OF APPLICATION. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Diversity and Inclusion
Seahaven Academy uses the Rooney Rule as part of the recruitment process, please see the job pack for further information.
Seahaven Academy is part of United Learning, which is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement:
Seahaven Academy is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring continuing professional development for staff, we take rigorous measures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.
Applying for the job
Please go to http://www.seahavenacademy.org.uk/Staff/Vacancies and view our Job Pack for further information. PLEASE NOTE CV’s ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS THE ONLY MEANS OF APPLICATION. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 704 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Seahaven Academy
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a ‘good’ school with a track record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole- heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: ‘the best in everyone’. We are values-driven and our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for ups and downs of life.
The strength of relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel so strongly about our academy.
Arranging a visit to Seahaven Academy
Visits to the school are welcomed please contact the Senior Support and HR Manager, Vicki Bowes at email@example.com for an appointment.