Sheffield Springs Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Maths to join their established team. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 secondary school serving the Park, Manor and Castle wards of Sheffield. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
Our mission is to provide a world class education so students have the choice to attend a top university or a real alternative. Our mission is underpinned by our shared values of ambition, determination and respect which drive our thinking and behaviours. Our most recent Ofsted inspection judged the academy ‘Good’. High expectations of behaviour and learning are established resulting in a calm and purposeful environment.
The academy is delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of Maths to complement our existing Department as our student numbers continue to grow. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of Maths to teach across Key Stage 3 and 4.
We will consider candidates who can positively contribute in our journey to become an ‘Outstanding’ school. We are looking for either experienced applicants who are able evidence a strong track record of student success or newly qualified teachers who have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ within a short timeframe.
- Shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Is passionate about Maths and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
We will offer you:
- An academy making rapid improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this page to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is 9:00 am on Friday 14 October 2022. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.