Teacher of Maths
Soar Valley College, Leicester, Leicestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
1. Principal Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty/Department:
a) To contribute to the teaching of the subject as directed by the Head of Faculty/Department
b) To participate in the development of appropriate syllabuses, materials and Schemes of Learning
c) To participate in assessments, target setting, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
d) To contribute towards monitoring and controlling the storage of teaching materials and books
e) To supervise the use and care of rooms/learning spaces assigned to the subject
f) To support the students at all levels of ability following agreed procedures/policies for supporting/assessing students under the guidance of the Head of Faculty/Department
g) To have a commitment to, and involvement in, ongoing professional development of self and others
2. General Duties
a) To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters
b) To be a Form Tutor of an assigned form and to carry out related duties in accordance with the general job descriptions of Form Tutor as required by the needs of the pastoral structure
c) To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents relative to the above duties
1. The job description is to be taken in the context of the rules and regulations governing teachers’ pay and conditions, and professional standards for teachers. The full documents can be found on the DfE website.
2. This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed. In allocating time to the performance of duties and responsibilities, the post-holder must use Directed Time in accordance with the school's published Time Budget Policy and have regard to the appropriate clause of the School Teacher's Pay and Conditions Document.
3. This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once each year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher status or NQT.
Essential skills and experience
• Teaching experience in 11-16 age range.
• Able to teach the subject to KS3 & KS4 to students of all levels of ability and aptitude.
• Familiar with and willing to develop and use ICT in teaching and learning.
• Willingness to learn, develop and implement strategies to offer appropriate support to students of all abilities to raise achievement.
• Up to date subject knowledge and National Curriculum requirements.
• Must be proactive in promoting the Equal Opportunity policies
• Understands the needs of all students and the relevance of these to the teaching of the subject.
• Able to set an example of high standards in own teaching, relationships with colleagues and in expectations of students.
• Able to communicate effectively.
• Able to plan and organise effectively.
• Commitment to improving own performance, knowledge and understanding through ongoing professional development.
• Able to complete assessments, targets and reporting procedures efficiently and to deadlines.
Soar Valley is the ‘Hub school for mathematics in Leicester city, coordinating and delivering much of the training associated with this, making it particularly appealing for maths teachers at any stage of their career.More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1565 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Soar Valley College website (opens in a new window)|
About Soar Valley College
Gleneagles Avenue, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 7GY