Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS-UPS (£25,714- £41,604)
Post: Teacher of Mathematics
Starting date: September 2021
Salary: MPS-UPS (£25,714- £41,604)
Location: Southmoor Multi Academy Trust
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Are you a highly committed teacher who genuinely wants to make a difference to the lives of young people? As an experienced teacher, someone in the early stages of their career, or an ITT student, would you like to join a Multi Academy Trust that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements innovative strategies to support this? If so, read on!
We are a highly successful Multi Academy Trust currently comprising of two secondary schools: Southmoor Academy (11-18) Sandhill View Academy (11-16)
In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels. Good teaching, learning and assessment enable all groups of pupils to progress well.”
In March 2018, Ofsted said of Sandhill View Academy, “Leaders have taken firm action to improve the quality of subject leadership across the school, with the result that there is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further. Teachers, subject leaders and staff are enthusiastic and positive about the school’s current position and its ability to improve further.”
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed member of teaching staff who will teach Mathematics to KS3 and 4 with the possibility of delivering Mathematics at KS5. There is considerable scope for career development to match the interests and aspirations of the candidates. We are happy to receive applications from both recently qualified and experienced teachers to join our team of outstanding classroom practitioners
You will be:
• a well-qualified practitioner with a passion for the subject
• a team-player who will take full advantage of working with an extended team across the MAT
• able to teach Maths with drive and enthusiasm to secure outstanding pupil outcomes
• The opportunity to work with other highly successful leaders and teachers
• A-level teaching within your specialism if you want development in this area
• Support to grow within an organisation that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements really innovative strategies to support this
• Ambitious pupils taught in an environment where outstanding academic progression is the highest priority; nearly half of all KS4 pupils at Southmoor Academy (and an increasing number of pupils from Sandhill View Academy) go on to study ‘A’ levels within the Trust, with over one third of all sixth formers who took up university courses in September 2018 now attending a Russell Group institution.
• Please visit Southmoor Way of Working http://www.sandhillview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Southmoor-Academy-Trust-Way-of-Working-Doc-1.pdf for further information on what makes us different.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Wednesday 12th May, 2021.
Applications should be returned to Sam Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Prospective applicants are warmly invited to have an informal chat about the role and/or arrange a visit to our schools prior to application/interview. Please contact Sam Ferry on the email address above.
Please visit our website for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk
Southmoor Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applying for the job
Please visit our website for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk More on how to apply