Teacher of Maths
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner, dedicated, enthusiastic about raising standards and maximising opportunities for students to excel.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree 1st class/ 2:1
• Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Able to teach high quality lessons at all Key Stages
• Evidence of being good or outstanding teacher over time and successful impact on student progress.
• Sound understanding of planning and assessment.
• Knowledge and awareness of statutory requirements for all Key Stages.
• Understanding and experience of being an effective team member.
• Understanding of improving self and other and maintaining professional integrity even when under pressure.
• Able to motivate and engage young people and colleagues.
• Understanding of value of learning walls and other motivational materials.
About St Cuthbert's High School
St Cuthbert's Catholic High School is an outstanding all boys non selective school located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England. 'Work hard and become a leader' (Proverbs 12 verse 24) is our mantra and since 1881 we have been empowering young men to take their place in society. The school prides itself on encouraging boys to aspire to excellence and leadership in everything they do. A challenging curriculum sits alongside stimulating and enriching extra curricular activities. Our students are curious, confident, conscientious and successful communicators. The school ranks amongst the highest attaining state schools in the country with a reputation for outstanding results.
- Gretna Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE15 7PX
- St Cuthbert's High School website (opens in a new window)