Teacher of Maths (Suitable for ECT’s)
This job expired on 20 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 February 2023 at 9am
1 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time (part time also considered)
- View all Part timejobs - Full time (part time also considered)
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28.000 - £43,685
- Main Pay Scale (MPS) or Upper Pay Scale (UPS). Suitable for Early Career Teachers (ECT) with negotiable salary and start date upon completion of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Maths to join our existing team. We are willing to work with the successful candidate with regards to working days and are open to those wanting a part time contract. We are committed to ensuring all students continue to achieve beyond their potential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of young people.
The Maths Team at Leeds West Academy has a wide range of experience and skills. The department works collaboratively to develop both learning experiences and professional growth. Staff at all levels feel well developed by both our departmental and whole school CPD programmes, including the working partnership we have with Leeds Learning Partnership and The Prince’s Teaching Institute.
To deliver an inclusive, coherently sequenced, and diverse Maths curriculum that promotes the accumulation of knowledge, skills and cultural capital through inspirational lessons.
What the school offers its staff
Leeds West Academy is a school with a remarkable sense of community and a strong and safe culture, a place where staff and students can thrive.We were judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in May 2019 because teaching is strong, the support we provide for our students and staff is unrivalled and because our results have improved year-on-year since 2016. In 2022, our students secured the best results in the school’s history. In short, there is no better timetojoin Leeds West Academy, as a colleague, a leader or as a student.
Leeds West Academy is a fabulous placetowork. We are a caring and supportive community, part of White Rose Academies Trust. We benefit from exceptional CPD like no other in the City. A broad, varied and highly bespoke package is well-established, driven by the latest in educational research focused on the development of all professionals in the organisation at each career stage. Colleagues train with us, they grow with us and they progress with us.
Our academy predominantly serves the community of Bramley in Leeds. We are oversubscribed and popular within our community. More families are choosing Leeds West Academy as first-choice for their children than ever before.
Our students are amazing; they are generally respectful young people who embrace diversity and have a strong sense of fairness.
Further details about the role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To strive to deliver a consistently good standard of quality education
- To ensure strong rates of progress for all students through the planning and preparation of high-quality Maths lessons which engage, motivate, and support learners
- To adhere to Leeds West Academy’s Every Lesson Expectations, which will be included in the induction process for all new staff
- To take responsibility within Maths teaching, and in the execution of general duties, to support a strong climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
- To consistently apply the Academy Behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress, and attainment of students within Maths
- In consultation with the Curriculum Leader for Maths, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources
- To be a Form Tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their personal development
- To contribute to the wider life of the academy by providing opportunities and a set of rich experiences through extra-curricular activities
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Leeds West Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1360 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Leeds West Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Leeds West Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
King James's School
St Helen's Gate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD4 6SG
York High School
Cornlands Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 3WZ
Nunthorpe Avenue, York, North Yorkshire, YO23 1WF
Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
Astrea Academy Dearne
Goldthorpe Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S63 9EW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire