Teacher of Maths
Main Scale Teacher of Mathematics
Required from 1st September 2020
We are looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Mathematics to join our established Maths Faculty. The post may suit an NQT as well as a more experienced candidate.
The Bolsover School is part of the Redhill Academy Trust. The academy is also a member of Redhill Teaching School Alliance and as such there are excellent CPD opportunities and the chance to work alongside other high performing schools in the region. The Bolsover School became a member of The Redhill Academy Trust, on 1st February, 2018.
For a discussion about the role, please contact Miss Bennett on the academy telephone number.
An application form can be downloaded from our academy’s website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 27th January, 2020
Interview date: end of week commencing 27th January, 2020
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching experience of
Maths across 11-16 age and full ability
• Knowledge of:
- How using data can improve student achievement
- The new 9-1 GCSE framework
- Effective use of classroom support for students with additional needs
• Knowledge of current educational issues
• Evidence of participation in recent
professional development particularly
related to Maths
• Passion to make a difference to pupils’
learning in Maths
• Ability to be a team member
• Excellent inter-personal and
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good ICT skills
• Energy, drive and dynamism
• Ability to motivate and challenge
• Ability to be self-critical and accept
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent behaviour management
techniques and the ability to maintain
high standards of discipline
About The Bolsover School
- Mooracre Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 6XA
- The Bolsover School website (opens in a new window)