Teacher of Maths
7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
9 June 2023 at 5pm
22 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week, term time only
- View all Part timejobs - Details would be discussed at interview
- MPR to UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To teach high quality and relevant lessons to be delivered in line with the schools Teaching & Learning policy. These lessons should be well planned, objective lead and follow an agreed SOW.
- To suitably differentiate lessons to meet the needs of all students.
- To contribute to the design of a shared curriculum.
- To contribute to the provision of extra-curricular opportunities for students across the Key Stages.
- To take part in department meetings according to the school calendar.
- To be accountable for student outcomes and teaching & learning within your individual classes.
- To carry out regular assessment opportunities at both Key Stages in line with the departmental assessment policy and to contribute to accurate moderation of assessment.
- To ensure student progress is accurately monitored and reported on for individual class groups. This includes setting appropriate targets.
- To ensure effective communication with parents, including the reporting process and attendance at Parents Evenings.
- To review individual exam performance.
- To provide regular feedback for all students in line with the departmental policy and ensure that students act on this feedback.
- To provide formative assessment opportunities for students.
- To ensure Controlled Assessment conditions are met in the classroom according to the schools policy and exam board regulations.
- To take part in observations in line with the school’s policy.
- To be a positive role model.
- To take part in the appraisal process.
- To take part in continual professional development where appropriate.
- To attend in Continual Professional Development Sessions according to the school calendar.
- To contribute to teamwork and effective working relationships within the department.
- To be responsible for student behaviour in the classroom, ensuring the whole school policy on behaviour is followed.
- To provide a safe and positive learning environment for students to learn through high quality display that is changed annually according to school policy.
What the school offers its staff
- We have just invested over £12,000 in new, fully resourced KS3 Maths curriculum – we only appoint staff who believe in collaborative planning and sharing resources. Maths teachers have dedicated joint planning on their timetable at The Compton School.
- We will provide you with exceptional training through our induction programme and a bespoke programme depending on your career experience. ECT’s can access the full Ambition Institute programme, delivered on site; more experienced colleagues can access Maths Mastery programs and all the NPQ’s that we deliver on site as a strategic Teaching School Partner School.
- You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, teacher training, career development and student outcomes. The Compton is a very special school, and this will be a much sought after opportunity.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Compton School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1323 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Compton School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
The Compton school is part of Middlesex Learning Trust, a successful Multi Academy Trust. We are a hugely oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had four consecutive outstanding OFSTED reports, the most recent being in January 2018. The Compton has a national profile for excellence in teaching and learning, in leadership, and for student outcomes. It is also a School-Centred Initial Teacher Training Centre and the Headteacher is an experienced National Leader of Education. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely putting the school within the top 5% of schools nationally for progress.
Similar jobs nearby
Park Academy West London
Park View Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB8 3GA
Whitmore High School
Porlock Avenue, Harrow, HA2 0AD
Settle Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 9XR
The Bishop David Brown School
Albert Drive, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5RF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London