Teacher of Maths
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - This post is full-time with part-time hours considered.
- M 1-6, UPS 1-3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking an enthusiastic and inspiring maths teacher to join our successful team.
Do you have good subject knowledge and an ability to communicate this to students?
Are you able to motivate your classes to achieve?
Do you work well as part of a team?
Excellent, then we look forward to working with you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work in support of the Head of Faculty and colleagues in promoting and developing mathematics within the curriculum.
- Teach, according to their education needs, the students assigned to you including the setting and marking of work carried out by those students.
- Using school and faculty procedures to assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment achieved by students;
- Monitor the academic progress of pupils and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement;
- Establish and embed a climate for learning in the classroom that enables all pupils to learn; Follow the school and faculty policies for behaviour for learning;
- Communicate and consult, in accordance with school and faculty policies, with the parents of students assigned to you.
- Participate in any arrangements within an agreed framework for the appraisal of your performance.
- Take part in subject self-reviews, focus weeks and other self-evaluation within school;
- To fulfil the duties of the form tutor role;
- Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher and keep up to date with contemporary issues in Education and your teaching of mathematics;
- Carry out supervisory duties and cover in accordance with local and national agreements.
- Actively promote the relationship between the school and the community.
Other professional requirements
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
- Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct.
What the school offers its staff
The King's has its own Professional Development (KPD) programme. We offer a broad range of internal and external training to enable all staff to develop their practice and leadership.
The maths department has six full-time teachers from differing backgrounds and level of experience who enjoy their place within the school community and work well together. You can expect to have your own teaching base and access to a variety of resources with which to deliver high quality lessons which inspire and develop an enjoyment and respect for mathematics.
Further details about the role
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The King's Church of England School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 646 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The King's CE School is a fully inclusive and truly comprehensive school. Slightly smaller than average in size, located in Tettenhall, The King's is developing as a beacon of excellence in the city of Wolverhampton and the diocese of Lichfield. The school recently had a Section 5 inspection from Ofsted in November 2022. The report judged provision at The King’s to be ‘Good’ in all six inspection areas and recognised that there is a well-planned curriculum which is broad and ambitious for all pupils, including those with SEND, and that pupils learn well, concentrating in lessons and taking pride in their work. The report states that ‘staff go the extra mile to help pupils’. At The King’s, staff wellbeing and development is a priority. We have our own King’s Professional Development “KPD” programme with the hope that we learn something new every day to make tomorrow a better day. We offer a broad range of internal and external training to enable all staff to develop their practice and leadership and to enable them to fulfil their own career ambitions. In addition to Ofsted, in May 2022, The King’s was officially judged to be an Excellent Church of England school following a SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) inspection. It evaluated how effective the school’s distinctive Christian vision is in enabling pupils and adults to flourish. The school received an overall grade of Excellent, with both the impact of collective worship and the effectiveness of religious education (RE) judged to be Excellent. We believe in setting high standards for everyone connected to the school through our motto of ‘Aspire, Believe and Achieve Together’. All pupils at The King’s benefit greatly from our excellent resources and facilities and the excellent relationships that exist between all members of the school community is what make our school an exceptional place in which to learn. Our school values of 'empathy, respect, responsibility and forgiveness' underpin everything we do here at The King’s, and we would welcome anyone that wishes to visit us and experience our school first hand. The King's is in the process of joining the Three Spires Trust. This will further strengthen the ways in which we work with other schools in the city and diocese.
Arranging a visit to The King's Church of England School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
WMG Academy for Young Engineers (Solihull)
Chelmsley Road, Birmingham, B37 5FD
St Edmunds Catholic Academy
Compton Park, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV3 9DU
Thorns Collegiate Academy
Stockwell Avenue, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 2NU
Teacher of Maths (With TLR 2 for suitably qualified candidate)
William Brookes School
Farley Road, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13 6NB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wolverhampton and West Midlands