- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
- Contract type
- M1 £25,714pa- U3 £41,604pa
September 2021 saw further student growth for the Academy and, following a recent Ofsted inspection giving a rating of ‘Good’ in all areas, we expect further growth. As such, we have some exciting new vacancies available, including the need for a Maths Teacher to join our Maths team on a permanent and full time basis from September 2022. QTS essential and ECTs are welcome to apply.
We are looking for a talented mathematician who can inspire our students. Do you want to work in a supportive and forward-thinking team that is committed to teaching maths based on the best and latest research? As an academy specialising in maths, we are at the forefront of implementing a mastery approach to teaching maths. We do not simply use third party materials but instead continually look to adopt and adapt the most successful evidence based strategies to ensure our students have the best possible outcomes. We work collaboratively, both within the department and with other schools, to continually review our practice and to ensure that our human resources are used as efficiently as possible.
The Maths department has seen results improve year on year. The students that have benefitted from our mastery approach throughout their secondary education are making particularly impressive progress, thereby validating our approach and ensuring we have the backing of the wider Trust of which our Academy forms part. We aim high and we are looking for others to join us in developing and delivering the best maths learning experience for our pupils.
We are seeking someone who loves asking, designing and improving beautiful maths questions and wants to join a team of like-minded maths teachers. You must believe that everyone can achieve!
SRWA teaching staff benefit from the following:-
• a collaborative approach and strong collegial relationships;
• the opportunity to join and/or benefit from Action Research Groups;
• proven student progress and excellent student behaviour;
• an extensive CPD programme tailored to skills and experience;
• strong links with Brighton and Sussex Universities;
• an established STEM group including work with RICARDO Engineering, a world leading company supporting SRWA;
• employee assistance programme, dedicated staff wellbeing space and 1-1 mental health booster sessions available;
• free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• cycle to work scheme.
Quotes from last full Ofsted inspection report, October 2021: Rating of “Good” in all areas:
“The culture at this school is summed up by its motto, ‘Aspire to Achieve’. From Year 7 through to the sixth form, pupils learn to think ambitiously about their futures.”
"The school is a calm and orderly place for pupils to learn….Pupils treat each other with respect … low-level disruption is rare."
"Pupils, parents and carers feel proud of their school…one parent told us ‘we are really impressed with the school, the ethos and the staff’.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2021 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
Staff morale, workload and job satisfaction
Opportunity for staff to offer ideas and for professional development
Support from managers and colleagues
Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
Induction of new staff
Students' respect for staff/others.
The successful candidate will:-
• demonstrate the skills of a good teacher
• be able to interest, encourage and engage students
• provide appropriate levels of challenge so that all students make good progress
• use methods and resources that enable all students to learn effectively
• use assessment information effectively to plan the next steps in students learning
• make effective use of their time
• secure high standards of behaviour from students
• be able to demonstrate a proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of aged 11-18 students (or of successful training for ECTs).
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the life experiences and achievements of our students.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.