Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Turner Free School is looking to recruit an exceptional Mathematics teacher for September 2021. This is to join our team as we continue to grow. We welcome applications from expert practitioners who are committed to our vision to create a school where all children thrive and knowledge matters. We believe in the power of direct instruction, micro-scripting, 'read alouds' and a knowledge-rich curriculum, and are unashamedly ambitious for what every child in our care can achieve. As such, our high standards of behaviour ensure that our teachers are free to focus on creating and delivering the very best lessons. This role provides an exciting opportunity to help shape our curriculum and provision throughout our new school.
The ideal candidates will...
* be dedicated to improving pupil progress and raising attainment
* possess the drive and determination to overcome disadvantage in a new and growing school, which requires an 'all-hands on deck' approach
* value our warm-strict environment, with silent transitions to support the well-being of our pupils with SEND
* engage with research-informed teaching practice
* believe that a knowledge-rich curriculum levels the playing field for all pupils
In return, we can offer...
* fabulous pupils who work hard and who want to learn
* a beautiful new building with state of the art facilities, including specialist classrooms, fully-equipped science and engineering laboratories, a huge library, sports fields, dance and drama studios and a lecture theatre
* a dedicated team of teachers and associate staff, who are always willing to go above and beyond to support our pupils, and one another
* personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses, Teach Meets and conferences as requested
* manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies, such as whole-class feedback, centralised detentions, and biannual data drops, as well as dedicated time for collaborative planning
* Quality Assurance cycles which are genuinely developmental for all colleagues
* a Trust which takes pupil and faculty welfare and intellectual development seriously
* supportive governors and a dedicated faculty team who are continually willing to learn
* a genuine opportunity to make a difference and be part of our continuing journey
For our values and ethos, please visit our website www.turnerfreeschool.org
Applying for the job
To apply, please click on the link and complete the on line application form:-
Please email to email@example.com
More on how to apply
299 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Turner Free School
The Turner Free School is an academically ambitious and inclusive school for 11-18 year old pupils in the Cheriton area of Folkestone. In other words, it is a grammar-style school for everyone. As a smaller than average secondary school, all pupils are known and educated as individuals. The school has a knowledge-led curriculum, organised along the principles established by Professors Michael Young of the IOE and E.D. Hirsch of the University of Virginia, to ensure all pupils receive the knowledge they need to thrive in the modern world. In addition, to give pupils a leading edge for further education and employment, modern foreign languages are emphasised, with the aspiration that all pupils will achieve a working standard by the time that they graduate from the school.
As a free school the Turner Free School is a new Academy school; directly funded by central government and independent of Local Authority control. Like other free schools, the Turner Free School has a responsibility to expand the educational offer locally, to promote higher standards inclusively, to address local social issues and to ensure excellent value for the public purse.
The Turner Free School is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to thorough recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.