Teacher of Maths
- Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment and manage learners’ behaviour constructively by establishing and maintaining a clear and positive framework for discipline and a supportive culture in line with the school behaviour policy.
- Contribute to the monitoring and development of the department subject area and curriculum to ensure suitable opportunities are provided for learner aspirations to be met.
- Plan effectively in the short, medium- and long-term and prepare effective learning sequences, lessons and work across a series of lessons to ensure coverage of the curriculum and the differentiated needs of learners are met. Plan and prepare homework and other out of class work.
- Be aware of and apply a range of teaching and learning strategies, including implementing inclusive practices, to ensure that the diverse needs of learners are met and excellence and enjoyment is achieved. Deliver lessons to groups of learners or classes. Demonstrate the positive values, attitudes and behaviour expected from learners.
- Assess, record and report on the development and progress of learners and analyse relevant data to promote the highest possible aspirations for learners and target expectations and actions to raise learners’ achievements. Provide timely, accurate and constructively feedback on learners’ attainment, progress and areas of development.
- Demonstrate ongoing development and application of teaching practice, expertise and subject, specialism and/or phase knowledge to enrich the learning experience within and beyond the teacher’s assigned classes or groups of learners.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within and beyond the classroom with support staff (including directing their day-to-day work), teachers, other professionals, parents, carers, agencies and communities, to enhance teaching and learning and promote the positive contribution and well-being of learners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of priorities, policies and activities in order to enable the achievement of whole school aims.
- Promote the safeguarding and welfare of children and young persons the postholder is responsible for, or comes into contact with. Be aware of school policies and other guidance on the safeguarding and promotion of well being of children and young people. Take appropriate action where required.
- To work effectively with / be aware of and assist integrated processes, such as Common Assessment Framework and local opportunities which support ECM and NCYPP aims for children, young people and their families
- Promote and implement policies and practices that encourage mutual tolerance and respect for diversity in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Essential educational requirements
• Experience of Teaching KS3, KS4 within Mathematics and/or related relevant subject.
• Knowledge of the curriculum in Mathematics.
• Knowledge and experience of promoting Independent Learning techniques within the classroom.
• Evidence of good/outstanding teaching.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Degree/Equivalent in Mathematics and/or related relevant subject.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to use a wide range of ICT both inside and outside the classroom.
• Ability to form good relationships with parents, adults and students.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
• The ability to interpret and use data as a tool for school improvement.
About Walbottle Campus
Walbottle Campus is an 11 to 18 secondary school and sixth form with approximately 1650 students, occupying a large, beautiful site in the Tyne Valley. The school has a thriving community of students, parents, staff and governors who work together to provide an engaging learning environment which encourages students to reach their full potential. The core values of respect, ambition and determination are demonstrated throughout the curriculum as well as within extra-curricular opportunities. Academic excellence is at the heart of the school and learning is designed to be exciting, stimulating and relevant to students' lives in the 21st century.
- Hexham Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE15 9TP
- LA Maintained School
- Walbottle Campus website (opens in a new window)