Teacher of Maths
‘The inspirational headteacher’s vision and clear determination have been pivotal in improving the school. Leaders and staff are committed to the school’s continued improvement’ Ofsted 2018
At Winton Community Academy, our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in January 2018 and our Headteacher Nathan Thomas as ‘an inspirational leader’.
The Mathematics department are looking for a dynamic and inspirational teacher who wants an opportunity to make a difference. The students at Winton are positive, polite and have huge potential. The successful candidate will join an expanding team and a friendly and committed staff body. This is an excellent opportunity for any teacher who is passionate about making a difference to young people and has aspirations towards middle leadership. We have an excellent support network and CPD opportunities to nurture and grow talented teachers.
Essential educational requirements
You will need to hold an undergraduate degree in order to be considered for the role.
You need to hold QTS in order to be considered for the role.
Essential skills and experience
You need to ideally have at least one year's experience teaching Maths at Secondary phase level in order to be considered for the role.
- Excellent career prospects across the AET network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- An extremely friendly and supportive staff body who all enjoy coming to work every day
- A lovely academy site and facilities surrounded by lots of green space
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
We warmly welcome visits to the Academy. To book an appointment please contact Jackie Lusk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 325955.
About Winton Community Academy
- London Road, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 2PS
- Winton Community Academy website (opens in a new window)