Teacher of MFL
Bartley Green School, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We wish to appoint, for September 2020, an enthusiastic Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages to join our successful MFL department. Applications from both NQTs and experienced staff are welcome.
Bartley Green School celebrated another “Outstanding” Ofsted inspection in November 2013. The school has been judged to be outstanding since 2005.
Ofsted reported that;
• All groups of pupils achieve outstandingly
• Students’ behaviour is exemplary both in lessons and around the school. They are polite and respectful to each other and to adults.
• All teaching is never less than good and is often outstanding.
Our vision is of a school, where through good, effective teaching and a stimulating environment, children of all abilities can experience success, progress well, develop feelings of self-worth, participate in a variety of interesting, enriching experiences in and out of the classroom, and be enabled to grow into responsible, self-disciplined young people ready for the next stage of their lives. We welcome staff who are enthusiastic and enjoy teaching and working hard with and for our young people. In return, we invest hugely in staff support and development.
Application forms are available on the school website www.bartleygreen.org.uk or by contacting Louise Nicholls (HR & Recruitment Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Informal enquiries or visits are most welcome.
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020 (9am), however applications will be considered on receipt.
Further details and an application form are available on the school website www.bartleygreen.org.uk or please contact the school for details to be sent by post.
Bartley Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share its commitment. Our mission is that all children achieve.
The successful applicant will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Bartley Green School positively welcomes applications from everyone and values diversity in our workforce.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Degree level qualification
• Qualified teacher status
• Degree level qualification
• Previous experience working in a school
Essential skills and experience
• Good classroom teacher
• Ability to motivate and interest pupils
• Ability to set and attain high standards from pupils
• Ability to use ICT
• Sound understanding of the curriculum
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of key performance indicators and the ability to use them to monitor progress
• Awareness of the needs of children who speak English as an additional language or have SEN
• An understanding of how a pupil’s learning is affected by their intellectual, emotional and social development, and the stages of child development
|School size||926 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bartley Green School website (opens in a new window)|
About Bartley Green School
Adams Hill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B32 3QJ