Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish)
Springwest Academy, Feltham, TW13 7EF
This job expired on 6 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 September 2022
6 June 2022 at 9:00am
24 May 2022
About Springwest Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 963 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Springwest Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 0208 831 3007
Who we are
At Springwest, we believe that everyone deserves a great education. We care wholeheartedly about the development of all of our students in order to enable them to achieve their academic potential and to thrive in all aspects of life. We pride ourselves on providing an ambitious, rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum and introduce students to challenging and thought provoking content from the start of Year 7. In addition to knowledge, we see understanding and memory to be at the heart of learning and therefore students are given opportunities for extended discussions and writing within all of their subjects as well as regular recall quizzes. Our Friday finish of 13:40 is a refreshing way to start the weekend and we encourage all staff to have time for themselves and their families.
Our vision is simple: ‘Great lessons - every period, every day’. We believe that our students deserve an excellent education and we help our teachers to achieve this. Our definition of learning is ‘understanding + memory’ and our CPD centres around this; we provide a supportive environment for staff to talk about learning, develop their teaching and work collaboratively with peers through our coaching programme.
At Springwest, we have established a ‘culture of kindness’, including an emphasis on gratitude and staff wellbeing is certainly a key priority. On a Friday we finish early and encourage all staff to have time for themselves and their families.
Who you are
● You know the difference a good teacher can make to a child's future and are determined to make a difference.
● You believe that establishing strong relationships with students supports their personal development and readiness to learn.
● You work collaboratively and understand that we achieve more by working together.
● You have a relentless focus on the development of your classroom practice and welcome coaching and support.
What we offer
● Department offices, assigned classrooms, staff laptops, cloud technology; we do our utmost to make your job work for your benefit.
● We think differently; take our school day as an example. Our later start of 9:20am for students allows our staff time to plan in the morning, whilst they are fresh. It also responds to the adolescent brain, which is more alert later in the morning.
● Staff meetings take place in the morning; developing our staff is always a priority, it is only right that this takes place at the start of the day, free from the distractions and fatigue of the school day.
● Finish at 1:40pm every Friday and start at 8:50am on Monday and leave your work at school; make the most of your weekend!
● We are a good school (Ofsted 2018) and offer genuine support and guidance to our staff, after all, you are our most important resource.
● A wide range of benefits from flexible working to flu jabs and a lot more in between.
Read more about us and this opportunity now on our website: www.springwestacademy.org
Arranging a visit to Springwest Academy
If you would like to visit the school, please contact Penny Davies (HR) or Terri Reid (Principal's PA) via email: email@example.com
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed