Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS + possible TLR 3 payment for a suitably experienced candidate looking to develop their leadership skills and willing to take on responsibility in a department during the academic year 2021-22 in the first instance
We are looking for an imaginative and skilled Teacher of MFL ideally with German to KS3 who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people. The job description and person specification in this pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an innovative and highly successful MFL department. The department strongly believes in the importance of developing an interest in other cultures as well as the languages they speak. Outcomes in the department are consistently well above national average for all three MFL languages, with a significant proportion of students achieving the highest grades in German, French and Spanish. Since September 2019 Ratton has also started delivering Mandarin and is committed to the Mandarin Excellence Programme with an accelerated cohort in both year 7 and year 8. Ratton has maintained its International School status for the last eight years, recognising the extensive co-curricular work led by the MFL department. For the last four years Ratton has also led the East Sussex MFL hub, sharing their excellent practice with teachers across the county. Students in all years enjoy their MFL lessons and make excellent progress.
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD including leadership development.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
Applying for the job
Please use the application form available at www.ratton.co.uk/vacancies Once completed it should be emailed to Lorraine Barrow, Trust Executive Assistant, at email@example.com by the closing date.
Please remember your supporting statement should set out how your experience to date fulfils the criteria set out in the person specification for this post.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.