Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (maternity cover)
MPS (Inner London) + £2,000 Harris Allowance
Harris Academy Chobham is currently looking to appoint a qualified Teacher of Mandarin to join its team of specialists, covering maternity leave.
Passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people? Join us.
We look for teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations.
The MFL Department comprises Spanish and Mandarin teachers, overseen by Subject Leads for both Spanish and Mandarin. It is a dynamic and creative team dedicated to using the most up to date technologies and pedagogy in order to motivate and enthuse its students. The department have exceptional relationships with global organisations and use these links to provide the students with immersive language practice and personalised learning experiences. The Department are committed to the vision that all students should be able to access the world through language and aim to enrich the students’ lives by providing cultural and historical experiences for all year groups.
The Mandarin department are a high performing team who go the extra mile to ensure that their students have a love for language and are enriched by further activities and opportunities.
The purpose of your role will be:
Advance your career within the Federation's supportive academy environment established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders. With unrivalled opportunities for progression, we can provide bespoke courses and qualifications to match your aspirations, whether that be as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To provide additional speaking and listening interventions
- To provide enrichment opportunities for Mandarin
The successful candidate will have:
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice).
- Understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of National curriculum requirements at KS3, 4 and 5.
- Understanding of the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- Understanding of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers.
- Knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students work.
- Understanding of the importance of being a Tutor.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Read our Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Read our Diversity and Equality Notice
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Please visit the Harris careers website for more information.
This job post has expired.
Academy, ages 3 to 18
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1965 pupils enrolled
3 to 18
About Harris Academy Chobham
Chobham Academy is always on the lookout for inspirational and influential staff. Most of all, we are on the lookout for potential colleagues who like our students and want to help them succeed. We understand that if staff are to give their best to our students over a sustained period of time, then the school needs to provide them with the best deal possible. We want or staff team to be well motivated and well looked after. If your time at Chobham is to be happy, then it needs to be rewarding and professionally fulfilling.
About Chobham Academy:
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 as part of the Harris Federation. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. Chobham Academy is judged "Outstanding" in every category by Ofsted.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through Academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package