Teacher of MFL (Maternity Cover)
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
From May 2023
28 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Germanjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, Monday to Friday
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 12 months
- M1 to UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Have experience of teaching MFL at Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a proven record of success at all levels.
- Be committed to high standards and able to excite and motivate pupils.
- Be organised, positive, with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Have the necessary personal and interpersonal skills to be an innovative team member.
- Have enthusiasm, drive, initiative and imagination.
- Be determined and ambitious but sensitive to the needs of others.
- Be supportive of single sex education.
- Have a good attendance and punctuality record.
- Be smart, articulate and presentable.
- Be committed to promoting cross-curricular links including communication and SMSC.
- Have a sound and thorough knowledge of the recent developments and changes in MFL including the new GCSE specification.
- Be proficient in the use of ICT to enhance the teaching and learning of MFL.
- Be able to teach MFL for understanding and develop pupils’ speaking, listening, writing and reading skills.
- Be committed to supporting the department in extra-curricular activities.
What the school offers its staff
The Modern Foreign Languages Department is a well-resourced, forward thinking and positive department with excellent GCSE results in both German and French. In 2022 100% of our students in French achieved grades 4-9 and 86% of our students achieved grades 4-9 in German. We are an experienced team who work collaboratively together to provide our students with a first-class experience of life in Germany and France.
We pride ourselves here that we prepare all our students to be excellent linguists with a deep understanding of not just the language but also the culture of that country. Our lessons are interactive and fun and we engage using interactive resources with Active Learn and develop lots of opportunities for curiosity and involvement. Students have access to language magazines, films in French and German and books to help further reading skills and enable students to enjoy the culture and language further. We also have access to a set of laptops and ipads to further enhance the learning experience.
Year 7 students enjoy two hours per week of German for the whole year. In Year 8 students are given the opportunity to enjoy a second language which is French and therefore study 2 languages through to the end of Year 9 and can then opt for either language or both at GCSE.
We have a large take up of students at KS4 to study a language and currently have over 70% of our students studying MFL at KS4. Students enjoy five hours per fortnight of their chosen language and we the follow the Edexcel full course.
The postholder will be primarily teaching German. If you would like to discuss any
aspect of the post please contact Mrs Kelly Gill (Head of Department) on 01772
743399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 161 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Penwortham Girls' High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 787 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Penwortham Girls' High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Penwortham Girls’ High School enjoys a unique status, as the only non-selective, non-fee paying girls’ school in Lancashire. We welcome girls of all abilities, interests and aptitudes, and pride ourselves on our long-standing reputation for academic success. We are a successful school because we have high expectations, promote learning for its own sake and provide every opportunity for personal growth and development. Importantly, we are specialists in girls’ education, providing a nurturing, supportive and challenging environment where girls excel. At our school, traditional values meet with modern, innovative approaches to learning. We are a forward thinking school that has invested considerably in new technology, ensuring that when they leave us, our pupils are fully equipped for the future. However, equally important are the qualities we instil in the girls. We have developed an environment that supports them as individuals, enabling them to progress to the next stage of their life equipped with a sense of achievement, maturity and self-confidence. OUR MISSION IS TO PREPARE: Articulate, Questioning, Tolerant, Independent Women for the future
Arranging a visit to Penwortham Girls' High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Moorland Road, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7EU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Preston and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool