An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teacher of MFL at South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College. We are looking for a passionate individual to work as part of our friendly, dedicated MFL department, to further enhance the support and guidance offered to our young people. If successful, you would facilitate and encourage learning which enables student to achieve high standards: to share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all students.
As a school, we are dedicated to providing a great teacher in every classroom and are committed to high-quality, collective teacher development. This helps us to reduce the replication of effort and helps all teachers to thrive in our setting. We do this by prioritising the continuing development of our staff. This comes in a variety of forms: professional subject-specific development delivered in department time; INSET days as well as through CPD opportunities across The Education Alliance.
Within The Education Alliance Multi Academy Trust, there are lots of opportunities for collaboration and also further opportunities to develop and progress. As a trust, we are here to make great schools and happier, stronger communities so that people have better lives. For too long in many schools, staff have been asked to choose between being seen as good at their job and being a good mum, dad, partner, son, daughter or friend. We are doing everything we can to support our staff to balance the demands of their jobs and those at home.
To support this, we:
- Trust our staff to plan, prepare and assess at the best time for them, allowing them to go off-site in their PPA
- Have centralised our Behaviour Policy so teachers are freed up from supervising detentions
- Demand ethical leadership built on professional trust
- Reject fads and ensure our CPD is evidence-informed and predominantly subject-specific
- Have reduced data collections to twice yearly
- Do not expect staff to respond to emails outside normal working hours
- Do not deploy staff at other Trust schools unless it is at their request
We have removed the following:
- Performance management objectives and performance-related pay
- Lesson observations and high stakes, toxic accountability
- Onerous marking policies
- Requirements for daily or weekly lesson plans
Above all, we recognise that seeking to remove the number of tasks staff undertake will have little effect on improving work/home balance if this happens within a toxic culture. To support this, we offer training for our leaders to ensure they are able to translate our values into behaviours which are built on the principles of dignity, respect, professionalism and integrity.
Here at South Hunsley we passionately believe in the limitless potential of every member of our school community. We want everyone to be happy, confident and successful so we can all achieve more than we think is possible. We can promise support, care, encouragement and respect as well as really enjoyable and rewarding working and learning environment. We are genuinely committed to our students and our staff, and we do everything we can to ensure every child receives the care and guidance they need to thrive. We are proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity to give you a tour, so please don’t hesitate to contact Freya Dobson (HR Administrator) on 01482 631208 or by email via Freya.Dobson@southhunsley.org.uk if you would like to visit or find out more.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- payment of annual prescriptions
- free eye tests
- flexible working (with a large proportion of teaching leaders working part-time)
- an onsite Sports Centre
- investment in training and professional development
- access to an Employee Assistance Package
- a Be Well programme offering counselling and mental health training and support
- free tea and coffee in staff rooms for all staff
- free parking
- a workload charter that ensures we have an enjoyable, rewarding working environment where workloads are manageable
South Hunsley School and Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
The school's Strategic Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be accessed at: https://southhunsley.org.uk/files/uploads/2021/10/Child-Protection-Procedure-202118022.pdf and the Education Alliance’s Child Protection Policy can be accessed at: https://theeducationalliance.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Child-Protection-Policy.pd
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please complete the online application.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.