Teacher of MFL (Part Time)
Croxley Danes School, Hertfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £12,772 to £33,308 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are seeking a part-time French and/or Spanish Teacher to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust. The role is based at Croxley Danes School, our new, mixed, state secondary school as it builds on its outstanding first two years of operation and prepares to move into its state-of-the-art building on its permanent site in Croxley Green at Easter 2020.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A passion for Modern Foreign Languages and for education in its widest sense
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS3 and KS4
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS5 is desirable but not essential
We can offer:
• A part-time contract of minimum 0.50 FTE, maximum 0.80 FTE
• A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and already provides a high quality education to its first three cohorts of students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at its permanent location where its buildings are currently under construction. The new school will be ready Easter 2020. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area.
If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teaching and Learning
• Ensure effective curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in the subject for all students
• Establish clear teaching objectives in lessons and use appropriate teaching and learning methods
• Prepare lessons thoroughly and review content, presentation and relevance, ensuring that full records of work done are kept
• Follow policies for assessing, recording and reporting on student achievement, and use these to set achievable targets for further improvement for all students of all abilities
• Ensure effective development of students' individual learning skills takes place
• Create and maintain a stimulating learning environment
• Ensure a level of discipline conducive to learning
2. Communication and Liaison
• Attend faculty and full staff meetings and represent the faculty at other meetings, where appropriate
• Meet formally and informally with Head of Faculty or Subject Leader over matters relating to teaching and learning, classroom management and over personal professional development
• Communicate and work effectively with other members of the faculty
• Liaise with other staff, including Form Tutors and Key Stage Pastoral Leaders/Assistant
Pastoral Leaders on matters relating to the teaching of the subject
• Maintain appropriate contact and consult with parents of students as necessary
• Keep up to date with and follow faculty and Danes Educational Trust ( the ‘Trust’) policies
• Assist in the general management of the faculty as directed by the Head of Faculty or Subject Leader
• Carry out delegated tasks to meet faculty objectives.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
Recent classroom experience
|School type||Free School|
|School size||297 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Croxley Danes School website (opens in a new window)|
About Croxley Danes School
Mr Stephen Thompson, having served for 15 years on the Senior Leadership Team with Dr Valentine at St Clement Danes, as both Assistant Headteacher and then Deputy Headteacher, was appointed to the post of Headteacher at Croxley Danes School in December 2017.
The school’s core values are Excellence, Respect and Trust. Croxley Danes is heavily over-subscribed with 480 students across Years 7-9 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent.
In September 2020, the school will move to its permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site will, compared to other local schools, be second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) the permanent site can be found here: https://www.croxleydanes.org.uk/714/baldwins-lane-information-about-the-permanent-site
3 Wolsey Business Park, , Hertfordshire, WD18 9BL