Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS commensurate with experience + possibility of a TLR for the right candidate
Strood Academy now has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Teacher of MFL to join us for September 2021 who can deliver high-quality learning opportunities for our students in this curriculum area. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers as we can offer fantastic professional development at every stage of a teacher’s career. Our ideal candidate will be able to deliver Spanish, with some French or other additional language, at KS3 and KS4.
The basis of this is role is permanent, offering MPS/UPS with a possibility to negotiate a TLR for an exceptional candidate.
Our successful candidate will receive:
• An exciting role in a successful academy
• State of the art facilities
• A guaranteed CPD offer which will be tailored to individual requirements
• Ongoing professional training and development as well as networking opportunities throughout the MAT
• A competitive salary
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 19
1334 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Strood Academy
Working for Strood Academy: Since opening in 2009, our academy has transformed the educational opportunities and outcomes for girls and boys in Strood. The improvement in academic performance has been driven by a talented and committed workforce, the hard work of our students, and support from parents and our community. Our new buildings in Carnation Road were designed in partnership with Nicholas Hare and built by BAM as our main contractor at a cost of £26m. They opened in September 2012 and have outstanding learning environments and outside play areas as well as fantastic sports facilities. The buildings reflect our education vision of creating a mature and purposeful educational environment where children of all abilities can learn and thrive.
Our core value is “Building ambition; inspiring pride” and our purpose at Strood Academy is to:
- nurture students’ aspirations and build resilience within an environment of tolerance, respect and empathy;
- shape leaders within a global community;
- develop and celebrate knowledgeable and inquiring minds to promote lifelong learning and;
- help young people develop into well educated, considerate and caring citizens.
We have a growing roll call of 1400 children, including 200 in Sixth Form. Working in our academy takes a lot of dedication and hard work, but for the right individuals, it can be an incredibly rewarding experience and contribute significantly to personal and professional development.
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.