Teacher of MFL Spanish/French
Cockburn John Charles Academy, Leeds
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,373 - £40,490 MPS/UPS|
Accountable to: Subject Leader of MFL
• carry out the duties of a school teacher, as set out in the current Schoolteachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
• promote the Vision, Values and Expectations of the school
• secure high quality student outcomes within the department
• maintain good standards of planning, preparation and assessment
• ensure that personal standards of teaching are consistently high
• play a full and active role within the subject area
• comply with all whole school policies and procedures.
Curriculum provision and development
• contribute to curriculum development within the department
• produce schemes of work, as appropriate
• keep up to date with developments in the subject (including research/inspection findings); classroom management and pedagogy to encourage good practice
• liaise with the Subject Leader regarding links with relevant examination and
• make full use of assessment data to produce personal student targets and ensure these are
reviewed on a regular basis
• contribute to the subject area’s programme of enrichment activities (e.g. booster classes;
visits; special events)
• contribute to the establishment of common standards of good practice and to the development
of effective teaching and learning within the subject area
• comply with the whole school assessment and reporting procedure.
• represent the department within school as agreed with the Subject Leader
• ensure reports to parent/carers are produced to a high standard and meet the agreed timescales
• ensure effective communication as appropriate with parents/carers and relevant external bodies.
• participate fully in Performance Management and to act as appraiser if necessary for identified staff within the subject area in line with school policy
• ensure the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
• participate in the school’s ITT programme.
• contribute to departmental and school promotional activities and events
• contribute to the development of effective subject links with partner schools and the wider community.
Management of resources
• manage the physical resources within the designated area, as agreed with the line manager
• act as Form Tutor and carry out the duties associated with the role including supporting the school in meeting its legal requirements for collective worship
Health and Safety
• carry out his/her duties with full regard to the school’s Health and Safety procedures
• contribute to the life of Cockburn Multi-academy Trust, and to support its Values, Expectations and policies
• actively engage in Performance Management and Continuing Professional Development activities
• undertake any other duties as required by the Executive Headteacher or Head of School
A The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Documents.
B This job description allocates duties and responsibilities, but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed. In allocating time to the performance of duties and responsibilities, the post-holder must use Directed Time.
C This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time.More on how to apply
- 1b. EO monitoring form Sept 18.docx  0.05 MB
- 1c. Self Disclosure Form.docx  0.19 MB
- Advert Teacher of MFL.pdf  0.15 MB
- Job description Teacher of MFL.pdf  0.13 MB
- Job Specification Teacher of MFL.pdf  0.14 MB
- Letter from Executive Headteacher.pdf  0.14 MB
- 1. Cockburn MAT Application Form Nov 18.docx  0.28 MB
|School size||1030 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Cockburn John Charles Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Cockburn John Charles Academy
Cockburn John Charles Academy is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school.
Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme.
We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all.
Old Run Road, Leeds, LS10 2JU