Teacher of Modern Foreign Language
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 9am
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time, Whole Year
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1 – U3 £28,000 - £43,685 FTE salary per annum
- M1 – U3 £28,000 - £43,685 FTE salary per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you passionate about languages? We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of MFL.
The suitable candidate will be able to offer French or German to Key Stage 3 and 4.
You will have the ability to deliver high quality teaching that drives achievement and inspires a love of learning languages. You will join a supportive and dedicated MFL team.
We seek an exceptional candidate who is passionate about the subject and is an excellent classroom practitioner. You will be committed to maximising the progress and achievement of every student and will be somebody who can continue the growth and development of our school and this subject area. You will teach Key Stage 3 & 4.
Tottington High School is a school with a very clear vision for its future, part of the family within The Shaw Education Trust. Tottington High School is an 11-16 years mixed community high school positioned north of Bury, Greater Manchester.
SHAW EDUCATION TRUST was founded in 1982 and is sponsored by Shaw Trust and is a growing group of dynamically awesome academies providing education to children of all ages and abilities. Staff across our team of schools are dedicated to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to be successful, whatever their starting point in life. Unlike other MATs, we don’t enforce a curriculum for all our schools to follow. Instead, we support each individual school to offer a programme that enables our students to deepen their knowledge, develop their skills, sparks their imagination and fires their curiosity.
What the school offers its staff
To achieve this, we pledge an unswerving commitment to improve, accelerate and enable ambitious life goals amongst all our students, and provide our schools with the support they need to deliver the highest possible quality of education. Every action we take as a Trust is guided by our core values, with the best interest of our students and staff members at the heart of everything we do.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
- Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
- High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Tottington High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 912 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Tottington High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Tottington High School is a secondary academy located in Tottington, Bury, providing high-quality education to pupils aged 11–16 years. Tottington’s welcoming, lively and innovative school community helps pupils to leave the school as well-rounded individuals with ambition and self-confidence. School staff recognise the potential of all their students and provide opportunities that challenge their abilities, resulting in the school having a good record of consistently achieving impressive academic results coupled with personalised support and guidance; helping every student achieve their full potential – culturally, morally, socially, spiritually as well as academically. Our Mission Statement states: “We pledge, through respectful relationships, to ensure all members of our community are supported in taking responsibility for their own learning, to become ‘well-rounded’ and caring individuals, with the skills, attributes, qualifications and experiences to prepare them for their and our futures.”
Similar jobs nearby
Huddersfield Road, Oldham, OL3 5NU
Teacher of MFL (French and/or Spanish preferable)
Outwood Academy Haydock
Clipsley Lane, St. Helens, Merseyside, WA11 0JG
Teacher of Languages - French & German
Eden Boys' School, Preston
Adelaide Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 4BD
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish)
Birch Road, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, OL12 9RD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bury and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool