Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
We are looking for an inspirational teacher, excellent communicator, and well-qualified Modern Foreign Languages teacher to join this vibrant and experienced department at Amery Hill School. We require a purposeful and committed individual who has the necessary adaptability, flexibility, skills and attributes to have a real impact across MFL learning in KS3 and KS4. We offer an excellent induction programme alongside a supportive working environment.
You should be:
• Able to teach any 2 of the following languages, French, German or Spanish, either at key stage 3 or 4
• A dynamic and outgoing classroom practitioner of Modern Foreign Languages
• Passionate about engaging students with the Modern Foreign Languages curriculum, and enriching this curriculum in line with our ethos of "Opportunity; Progress; Care"
• Enthusiastic and full of ideas, with the drive to make things happen
• Able to nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
• Able to commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
In return for your commitment we can offer:
• A school and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
• Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
• A stimulating, attractive and welcoming learning environment
• An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
If you are an NQT, joining Amery Hill School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• An established and extensive NQT programme
• Support and expertise of departmental mentors
• A tailor-made whole school professional development programme
• Support network of other NQTs and RQT's across subject areas
Amery Hill School - Education for life
Amery Hill is a very popular 11-16 fully inclusive secondary school where excellence and high aspirations permeate every aspect of school life. Every student is valued as an individual and whatever their goals, staff are there to support, nurture and assist them along their journey to success.
‘The caring and stimulating culture you have created encourages all pupils to do their best’
(OFSTED Feb. 2017)
• We aim to prepare every student with the skills, qualities and resilience to succeed in an ever changing world
• We believe in challenging all our students to better themselves and aspire to be the very best that they can be
• We wish for all students to care and respect any other individual regardless of gender, disability, race, culture, religion or sexuality
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mr Stephen Mann, Headteacher and may be emailed to email@example.com
A completed application form is required of all candidates as part of the application process. A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not required and will, therefore, not be considered within the short listing process.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.
Essential educational requirements
Teacher training qualification.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
This role is suitable for either an experienced practitioner, or a newly qualified teacher.
About Amery Hill School
Academy, ages 11-16
- Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2BZ
- Amery Hill School website (opens in a new window)