Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
French, Languages, Spanish
Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
MPS or UPS (FTE £25,714-£41,604)
This post would suit either a French and/or Spanish specialist. We are an oversubscribed, high-achieving, 11-16 comprehensive school seeking to appoint to the Modern Foreign Languages department from September 2021. The school is committed to Modern Foreign Languages within our curriculum.
Languages are a strength at Debenham High School where we offer French and Spanish at KS3 and KS4, with a strong team of specialist staff. 2020 GCSE French 100% Grade 9-4, 2020 GCSE Spanish 73% Grade 9-4.
Opportunities for outreach work with other schools locally and a range of professional development opportunities are available. As a Leading Edge school we are committed to the development of all staff.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
672 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Debenham High School
A Church of England High Performing Specialist Academy
The school has:
• an excellent academic record (ranked 11th nationally in The Times State Secondary Schools 2019, 2019 80% (88% 2020) Grade 4+ English and Mathematics, 71% (70% 2020) Grade 5+, Progress 8 0.70)
• an enviable reputation and is consistently oversubscribed
• a hardworking and committed staff
• a school community with a genuine family ethos
• a very sound financial base and well-resourced school site
• experienced and ambitious leadership team and a supportive Governing Body
• an established track record with the DfE for delivering on grant-funded training and working with a range of different organisations
• OFSTED “outstanding” (2008)
• SIAMS “outstanding” (2017)
• lovely students who engage well in their learning and their community
• a rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all posts at Debenham High School.
Arranging a visit to Debenham High School
We welcome any enquiries about this post before the closing date. Please contact Miss Susan McBurney for further information.