Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Full or Part-time)
This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 9am
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- View all Part timejobs - To be negotiated
- Competitive salary to be negotiated
Competitive salary to be negotiated
What skills and experience we're looking for
A vacancy for a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages has arisen at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College. Governors are therefore seeking applications from suitable candidates to join us from 1st September 2023.
The Governing Body is seeking a practical and creative individual who is an ambitious and passionate Modern Foreign Languages teacher who can teach French and/or Spanish.
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated individual who:
- is an outstanding Modern Foreign Languages teacher that is absolutely committed to ensuring that students achieve exceptional outcomes and enjoy Languages;
- is always looking to improve the quality of provision for pupils and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence;
- is able to develop effective practice through planning, action, reflection and evaluation
- is agile, flexible and collaborative in their approach to working with others, especially when under pressure;
- can communicate effectively with staff and pupils;
- is a resilient and highly committed person.
- is supportive of our Catholic Ethos;
What the school offers its staff
Why Cardinal Griffin?
- Cardinal Griffin is a thriving 11-18 Catholic College with 888 students on roll.
- We pride ourselves on our approach to staff wellbeing ensuring all staff have access to high quality research-based CPD. This forms an integral part of our appraisal and staff development cycle.
- We are working to achieve a 'Leading Parent Partnership' award and through this show our commitment to stakeholder voice.
- We have a strong performance academically, with 61% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE English and 57% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE Maths in 2022.
- Following the appointment of a new Headteacher we are looking to accelerate our progress towards becoming an outstanding College.
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
Further details about the role
Closing date for applications is Monday, 17th April 2023 at 9am. The College reserves the right to interview as soon as it has a suitable field of candidates and so encourages early applications.
We do not accept applications via CV’s or from recruitment agencies.
We welcome further discussions about the post and these can be conducted using a variety of online platforms or by telephone. Please contact us to discuss this if it will be helpful to you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 870 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01543 502215
Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be a rated as a ‘Good’ school. Ours is a warm, supportive, welcoming and above all, happy place to work. Relationships are paramount to us. All are expected to give of their best, grow and develop, both staff and students. We are committed to staff welfare and development and we offer an excellent professional development programme and training opportunities for staff at all stages of their career.
Arranging a visit to Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
King Edward VI School
Upper St John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9EE
Upper Holland Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1RB
Secondary Early Career Teacher (ECT) – MFL (French and Spanish)
1 Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN
Landau Forte Academy, Amington
Woodland Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 4FF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Staffordshire and Stoke