Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Full Time, PT 0.8 Considered)
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
September Term Start
12 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Frenchjobs, View all Spanishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5hrs (Part Time 0.8 Considered)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main Scale/Competitive
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Degree in Modern Foreign Language or a related subject
- DfE recognised teaching qualification such as a PGCE or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Secondary Curriculum
- A working knowledge of ICT in a classroom environment
- The ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- The ability to plan and teach well-structured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding
- The ability to meet targets for the students in your assigned classes
- The ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department to prepare, resource and teach your subject
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times
- The ability to adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Knowledge of recent initiatives and issues in education
- Using ICT as a curriculum tool to improve standards
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching Spanish and French to post-16 students
What the school offers its staff
Spencer Academies Trust is a multi-academy trust with schools across the East Midlands, and with a strategic focus on Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
A high performing regional MAT with a national reputation for excellence, Spencer Academies Trust schools include primary, secondary and sixth form provision. Our academies work across highly diverse city and rural communities, including a strong presence in Derby and Nottingham. Standards and expectations in trust schools are high – and the trust focus on rapid improvement on the journey to outstanding education delivery.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 18000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
We currently have 17 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers, and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country, and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Our Mission is to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, providing an outstanding education for local children.
Further details about the role
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to help shape the students at Arnold Hill Spencer Academy? We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher who is a Spanish specialist, who will also have the opportunity to teach French. You will be joining a forward-looking and dynamic MFL team which is warm and friendly, with high expectations of everyone. This is a permanent post.
The successful candidate will join our popular and flourishing Faculty, with a focus on innovation and sharing good practice. We are looking for a teacher with a genuine enthusiasm for teaching primarily Spanish and also French and has the ability to engage and motivate students. You will be expected to teach across both KS3 and KS4, with the possibility of also teaching at KS5.
We aim to raise student aspirations to achieve personal and academic excellence and to ensure they have the skills, confidence and resilience to become passionate life-long learners with the desire to fulfil their potential and more.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1548 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Arnold Hill Spencer Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0115 9554804
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy is a special place to learn and work. Our students are impressive young people, whose behaviour and achievements are something to be proud of. Our aim is for all members of the community to “Be inspired and achieve together” and to provide opportunities for this on a daily basis. We teach our students the value of respect, how to act responsibly and support them to become mature, independent young people. We very much believe in the potential of every student, enabling them to thrive in our caring environment. We are a member of the Spencer Academies Trust and benefit from the support of an established trust. To find out more about The Spencer Academies Trust, please visit www.satrust.com
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottingham